Cross country ski trails are now open. Enjoy! Jan. 9, 2017
In the winter months, trails are marked and groomed for cross-country skiers to enjoy at Manitoulin Island Country Club. Park in the golf course parking lot and enjoy the following trails:
Red trail: 1km
Yellow trail: 3km
Kemp/Fletcher trail (blue): 1.5km
While you enjoy the ski trails at the golf course, there are some common courtesies you can follow to make the experience enjoyable for everyone.
- When two skiers meet head-on on a hill (even a gentle one), the skier going uphill should yield the right of way.
- When two skiers meet head-on on level ground, the slower skier should yield the right of way.
- When a faster skier catches up to a slower skier going the same direction, the slower skier yields the right of way.
- It is considered good manners to greet other skiers.
- If you have to stop for more than 10 seconds, you should get off the track and leave enough room for someone to ski by in the track.
- If a skier shouts “Track!”, he or she is asking you to yield the right of way. Please do so.
- Be polite. If someone yields the right of way for you, thank them. If you have to yell “Track!”, say “Track, please!”.
Yielding the Right of Way:
- Yielding the right of way means quickly getting out of the track, preferably on the right side, and ensuring that there is enough room for the other skier to ski past in the track.
Thank you, we appreciate your donations.