The Gordon Community Centre and the Barrie Island Hall are available for rent to the public. Please contact the office to find out available times and book your rental.
Licensed/Private Event $125.00
Resident of Community $50.00
A $20 cash deposit is required to confirm a rental, which is to be refunded after function and premises have been inspected.
- The capacity of the hall for all functions is 65 people.
- The person renting the hall/kitchen is responsible for:
– Supplying own tea towels and table cloths
– Cleaning off and wiping all tables and chairs
– Stacking of all tables and chairs
– Sweeping and spot mopping floors
– Making sure all garbage is properly sorted and bagged in clear plastic bags (trash-glass-metal)
– Cleaning kitchen – dishes, coffee perks, sink, counters, etc.
– Turning off all lights
– Locking all doors and windows
– Reporting any and all damages to the hall, kitchen, and property
- No open flames or confetti are allowed in the building.
- No tape or thumbtacks are to be used on the painted surfaces.
- The Gordon Community Centre is not responsible for personal belongings of the renter and his/her guests.
- Children’s functions must be well-chaperoned. Please supply adequate adult supervision to prevent injury or damage and encourage appropriate behaviour.
- All events are to be non-smoking within three (3) metres of building.
- The renter will be charged for any extra cleaning and/or damages incurred.
- Hall policy is not to lend out tables and chairs in the building.
- Keys are to be picked up at the Municipal Office during office hours prior to the booked event.